About Missouri Better Government
Missouri Better Government is all about helping our fellow citizens and meeting their high expectations. They expect their government should be as reliable and responsive as any other organization.
You and your colleagues are the State of Missouri government. You are citizens who serve your fellow citizens.
Only by helping each other work together better can we make the lives of Missourians better. We have a common sense, back-to-basics approach to management. Together, we are answering:
- Where are we heading?
- How should our leaders lead?
- How will we get better?
The three questions are basic, but answering them takes hard work. It is worth it. When we get this right and answer all three, we are at our best together. We are:
- More transparent… about where we are heading and how we are doing
- More citizen friendly… to serve our fellow citizens as they deserve
- More efficient… to deliver higher quality impact as smart as possible
- More focused… on what we should do and scaling back where we should
- More accountable… so good public servant performance is recognized
This Missouri Better Government website is an one-stop-shop to provide you and fellow state teammates updates on where we are heading, and links to major resources and programs that are helping us move forward.
Please let us know what else would help you stay informed about how we are together making Missouri Government Better. You can submit suggestions here.
- Missouri Way Impact Series: Leadership Academy OCTOBER 29, 2020
- Missouri Way Impact Series: Working to better our call centers OCTOBER 29, 2020
- Missouri Ranks in Top 3 in 2020 Digital States Survey, Receives Grade A for Data-Driven Government OCTOBER 28, 2020
- State of Missouri Hosts 2nd Annual Show Me Excellence Summit OCTOBER 26, 2020
- Governor Parson Announces $5 Million in CARES Act Funding For Six Missouri Food Banks OCTOBER 21, 2020
- Missouri Receives 2020 Government Experience Award for MoCareers Program SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
- State of Missouri Receives Five StateScoop 50 Awards SEPTEMBER 17, 2020
- State of Missouri Featured in New National Report on Data and Evidence in Policymaking AUGUST 12, 2020
- Missouri Taxpayers to Save $22 Million Through Bond Refinancing, State’s AAA Credit Rating Reaffirmed AUGUST 4, 2020
- Chewy, Inc. to Expand in Belton, Create Over 1,200 New Jobs JULY 21, 2020
- Governor Parson Announces Graduation of Missouri Leadership Academy Spring 2020 Class, Launch of Fall 2020 Class JULY 16, 2020
- Governor Parson Announces Launch of New COVID-19 Dashboard MAY 20, 2020
- Governor Parson Highlights Importance of Supporting Missouri Businesses, Safely Re-Engaging in Economy MAY 5, 2020
- Missouri Is First State to Receive a Rural Transit Grant Under the Federal CARES Act APRIL 14, 2020
- Missouri Taxpayers to Save $3 Million Through Bond Refinancing MARCH 5, 2020